Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: My Favorite Ends.

One of my goals this year is to not procrastinate, and let me tell you how that's going.


Not well, not well at all. I was supposed to do this post about three days ago, but I suppose later is better than never.

Among not procrastinating, worrying less is also on my list of things to do...that hasn't gone too well either. I actually had planned on writing down a list of everything that I wanted to accomplish this year, and I never did do it, which is probably why none of these things (along with the fact that I'm lacking in the self-discipline department) are happening.


So today is my January 1st.

Productivity is probably at an all time low on the actual 1st anyways, because everyone is too tired from staying up all night to really do anything.

The 2nd - well I don't really have a good excuse for not doing this yesterday, but that's besides the point.


Today is January 3rd, and after two days of doing nothing, I am ready to begin my new year.


There are a few things that I really want to do differently from last year, and I'm excited for tomorrow to start so I can really put my new goals and thoughts into practice (it's 10:13 at night right now, so I only have a couple of hours left to do anything, and seeing as how I'm laying in bed...well tomorrow is a better day).

I have a hard time getting into habits, which is both good and bad. Good, because I don't get into bad habits easily. Bad, because I also don't get into good habits either.

I am planning on making reading my Bible a daily habit. I am determined to make this happen. I really think that not being in school for a large part of the time (did I mention I only have to go to that awful place 10 more times?) will help immensely.

I am also hoping to start running again. I really miss it...I'm sick of this cold winter. I need to find a cheap gym.

Along with those things, I am going to restart my budget and tweak it around so that it fits better for me. I'm excited to do this. I'm excited to save money.


But the first thing that I am going to do, the thing I am most excited for, is making some tamales, crocheting scarves, and helping take care of what I'm pretty certain will be the most awesome baby of 2010. I'm going to make Martha Stewart proud.


This year will certainly be different from previous ones, and this is quite exciting to me. I'm looking forward to the new challenges, the growth, and the maturation that will come from the year. I'm mainly looking forward to the fact that for about 7 months of this year I will not be a student. That's a refreshing thought.

Well, it's probably time to accomplish some of goal number 1. and 2 simultaneously (blogging right now was really my way of doing what I like to call productive procrastination).


No comments:

Post a Comment