Sunday, December 27, 2009

poemspoemspoems

This is what happens while I'm waiting for the laundry to get done at the laundromat:

-untitled-

I've a guard put up
strong and iron walls
blocking any means of entry

It protects from bouts of evil
from the pain of innocence
that I am scared to feel again

I make off like nothing bothers
hurt is hidden with my laughter
Though my heart is growing weary
and it longs to love again

I all but deny
it's angry desperate cry
reminded of how it feels
to shatter into pieces scattered
all around the floor

I will tell you lies
say it doesn't matter
It's my means of safety
But I request just one thing
and that is to not believe me

You see I've grown quite tired
of letting happiness pass
and I'd quite like you
to be the risk I take


-untitled-

This is why you scare me:
I know my thoughts are out,
and you can see quite clearly
you know all my doubts

Take caution, please, I beg you,
I've broken before
and that's why I've got excuses
blocking this open door

I'll trust, but only slowly
don't make me out to be a fool
I really think you're lovely
but I don't think you'll follow through

It's been an uphill battle
which as me quite concerned
I'm having trouble separating
what you meant and what you said

I find you captivating
this, please, understand
but I'm going to need you to be blunt
or I may never understand




By the way, I'd just like to say how much I love Beans, the person, not the food. She's pretty flat out amazing and I am incredibly thankful that she is in my life. (I definitely wrote wife at first...ha)


No comments:

Post a Comment