Friday, February 19, 2010

Tellings of the Heart

You’re the be all, end all

My only exigent

there are the moments

With anticipation rising

I can feel my heart falling,

Falling fast, then raising up

fears receding for a moment

And then the next advancing



Oh, forlorn souls!

On me, you take such pity

Though I can hardly manage

To even mock sympathy



I’ve just my words,

A sharpened tongue

Quick to protect a wary heart

With which I’ve learned

At a young age

Is the key to advancing



I apologize, right now

Though deserving of quite more

For the inconvenient timing

And for always seeking more




There are a few things I love about poetry, the main one being that I am able to get a majority of my frustrations and thoughts out, without having to tell anyone what they are, because quite frankly, ambiguity is much safer than vulnerability. However, sometime within the next week or so I should have a real post, not just a poem. I am planning on tackling the avalanche of junk that has seemed to overtake my room as well, so this should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment